Hi, my name is Mara Behrens. I'm a Silicon Valley Head of Marketing and Design with over 20 years of international experience in the creative field. I strive for innovation across diverse platforms focusing on user-centric experiences.
I love to identify the sweet spot between design and tech. I'm passionate about brand integration with UX, design, and marketing. I believe in using metrics and building sustainable processes to achieve the best results while placing the user at the center of my work.
My professional path is a combination of my passion for learning, my holistic experiences with diverse cultures in countries like Venezuela, Mexico, France, and the US, and my work across multiple design platforms that have allowed me to reach a very diverse, fascinating, and compelling group of people.
I started my career as Art Director for Harper's Bazaar Latin America. Later I moved to NYC, where I expanded my experiences into interactive design, working on different online and offline projects. I have since worked for clients like the Smithsonian Museum, J&J at Radical Media, Stanford University, among many others.
A few highlights:
• 2011, I co-founded a venture-funded luxury fashion e-commerce startup ModeWalk, which was a pioneer in blending online and offline retail experiences and personalized shopping experiences using data and a human touch. It was sold to the leading luxury e-tailer Moda Operandi. ModeWalk was featured in Vogue, The New York Times, and Harvard Business Review.
• 2014, I led a major rebrand of a fast-growing startup, EAT Club, including a new identity system, website, packaging, presentations, digital, events, etc. My role ranged from design and marketing. Leading comms, digital marketing, UI/UX, product marketing, and others.
• 2018, Introduced the world to the first fresh food robot by leading marketing, design, PR, and UI/UX. Spearheading initiatives that helped placed the company at the forefront of food robotics with 350+ robots sold in a little over two years. The company was acquired by DoorDash, furthering our mission to deliver fresh food at any time, anywhere, and for everyone.
• 2020, I joined DoorDash Labs as Head of Marketing and Design, Chowbotics.
In my free time, I love traveling, discovering culinary treasures with friends and family, visiting museums, baking, biking, practicing compassion meditation, and learning... about everything!
I'm always excited to:
• Strive for innovative creative solutions.
• Build inclusive cultures that embrace diversity and creativity.
• Lead talented teams to produce UI, UX, branding, and creative content.
• Work effectively on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Focus on user-centric experiences.
• Use my expertise in different tools and techniques that lead to detailed-oriented products.
• Thrive in fast-paced entrepreneurial environments that require cross-functional collaboration.